Handling sales in multiple currencies
If you're selling products or services worldwide, you might use multiple currencies on your e-commerce store. In such case, you should enable multi-currency handling and create API calls that pass the transaction currency to Partnero.
How it works
When multi-currency handling is enabled for your program, Partnero API will check for amount_units information with every transaction API call.
- If the amount_units does not match the default program currency, we will use a trusted 3rd party service to convert the transaction value to the default program currency at the time of the purchase.
- If the amount_units is not provided, the default program currency will be used.
- If the multi-currency handling is not enabled, amount_units will be ignored.
Please see our API Documentation for detailed instructions.
To enable multi-currency handling:
- Log in to Partnero.
- Choose the program you'd like to work with.
- Go to Settings under Program.
- Scroll down to Other and toggle to enable the multi-currency conversion for the program:
We are using a trusted 3rd party service to pull conversion rates at the time of the transaction. The service provides real-time exchange rate data for 170 world currencies, updated every 60 seconds. Currency data is sourced from financial data providers and banks, including the European Central Bank.