Insert a referral section to your ActiveCampaign newsletter
You can easily promote your newsletter referral program in each newsletter by inserting a referral section. There are two options to do that:
- Use a pre-designed custom HTML code provided in your Partnero account; or
- Design your own in-email referral section by using variables.
How to insert a pre-designed HTML referral section
- Log in to your ActiveCampaign account.
- Go to Campaigns and click to Create a new campaign. In this example, we'll create a Standard campaign type.
- In the drag-and-drop editor, find and insert the HTML block:
- Click to insert your HTML code:
Open the newsletter referral program on your Partnero account. Go to Integration and click to Copy the Custom HTML block code provided:
Then paste the code to your ActiveCampaign newsletter's HTML block. The referral section will be visible in your email:
Important things to note
- The preview or test newsletter will not show the referral link since the link is unique for each subscriber. When the newsletter is sent out, each subscriber will see their unique URL and will be able to share it.
- The Click to share button will take the subscriber to the Subscribe portal that can be designed on Partnero, under Portal & form > Pages > Subscribe portal. Read more.
- You can edit the HTML code to change the text, layout, etc. However, please note that we cannot be held accountable if there are any mistakes within the code that will cause the tracking to fail.
Design your own referral section by using variables in ActiveCampaign
You can build your own in-email referral section by using variables. Available variables can be found under the Integration:
%PARTNERO_NEWSLETTER_PORTAL_LINK% - displays a link to the subscriber portal, where subscribers can track their progress, get unique sharing link and view available or claimed rewards. Include this variable in the email as text or insert it as a URL.
%PARTNERO_NEWSLETTER_SHARE_LINK% - displays unique sharing link to the subscribe form, where subscribers can subscribe to the subscribe list as referred subscribers. Include this variable in the email as text or insert it as a URL.
%PARTNERO_NEWSLETTER_REWARD% - displays the reward when subscriber goal is reached. Include this variable in the email series when you congratulate referrers.
%PARTNERO_NEWSLETTER_REFERRAL_COUNT% - displays the count of referred subscribers. Include this variable as a reminder of how many subscribers the referrer referred.