Create and use Shopify coupons
What are coupons?
Coupon marketing is a strategy that uses discounts and other incentives to encourage consumers to make purchases. Digital coupons can be redeemed online or in-store, and they typically offer a percentage discount, free shipping, or other type of bonus.
Partnero and Shopify integration allows you to connect and synchronize coupons between Shopify and Partnero. There are two ways to do that:
- Create coupons on Partnero and sync with Shopify; or
- Create coupons on Shopify and sync with Partnero.
Let's explore both options below.
In order to use the coupon functionality, you'll have to integrate Shopify first. Please follow the instructions in this article to connect your Partnero and Shopify accounts.
Create coupons on Partnero and sync with Shopify
This option allows you to create new coupons directly on Partnero. After the coupons are created, they are automatically synced with your Shopify account.
- Open your affiliate program on Partnero.
- Go to Coupons under Program.
- Click New Coupon and select New Shopify coupon from the dropdown:
- Set up the desired coupon structure and click Create. You will see a notification that the coupon was created successfully on both, Partnero and Shopify.
- Open the Discounts section on your Shopify store - you should see the newly created coupon there.
Important things to note:
- The coupon and promotion codes are not editable except for the coupon name, coupon metadata, and promotion code metadata.
- The coupon metadata and promotion code metadata are just for your information when using it with Shopify integration, as Shopify coupons and promotion codes do not support metadata.
- When creating a coupon on Partnero, you can create the basic type of Shopify coupon. As such, you won’t have some of the coupon settings that are supported on Shopify. Use this option if you want to create simple coupons quickly.
Create advanced coupons on Shopify and sync with Partnero
This option enables you to create new coupon codes on Shopify and sync them with your Partnero account.
- On your Shopify store, go to the Discounts section.
- Create a new discount code with your desired settings.
- Return to Partnero and go to Coupons under Program.
Click Sync coupons and select Sync Shopify coupons:
The newly created discount code (coupon) will now appear on your Partnero coupons list.
Now that your coupons are ready, it's time to set up promotion codes!