Connect a partner portal domain
When you create a program, a Partner portal URL is generated with our default domain partneroapp.com. You can change the portal URL by adding your custom domain.
- Navigate to Program settings, and click Connect domain under Partner portal URL:
- Enter the URL of the domain you’d like to connect and use for your partner portal, e.g., partners.yourdomain.com. Click Next.
- A Domain Verification window will appear with a CNAME record. Go to the DNS page of your domain management platform and create a CNAME record with the values of the NAME and CONTENT fields.
- Once the records have been correctly set up with their respective Name and Value fields, enable the “I have added DNS records” toggle and click Check DNS records.
How to access the DNS settings of your domain
The following steps have to be completed on the DNS settings of your domain (not on your Partnero account). For assistance with these steps, we recommend contacting your hosting provider.
- Log in to your domain provider (usually on your hosting).
- Find the DNS settings for your domain. You can find instructions on doing this by searching “DNS settings” + your hosting provider's name on any search engine (such as Google).
- Create a DNS record with CNAME type and fill out the Name and Value fields given to you on your Partnero account.
Remember that hosting providers may refer to the Name and Value TXTs differently. They can be referred to as:
- Name and Host
- Domain and Value
- Domain and Host
In some cases, the CNAME record might be referred to as the Domain Alias record.